Kit created by Lainer Suspension for WP XPLOR shock absorbers. It includes the shims stack (compression, rebound, high speed) ready to assembly and the aluminum piston H18 mm with low friction piston band.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR SHOCK ABSORBERS WP XPLOR.
- KTM EXC 2017-2021
- KTM EXC-F 2017-2021
- KTM EXC TPI Six Days 2017-2021
- KTM XC-W TPI 2017-2021
The defect of the stock shock is the check valve installed to separate the compression and the rebound functions so in order to increase the comfort the is a a hole in the stock piston. This solution is not optimal because it makes the shock absorber more harsh and reactive.
To solve this defect we’ve developed this kit that significantly improves the performance of the shock:
- Aluminum piston as the shock body so in the temperatures change fase it adapts to the tube avoiding the function variations during the use.
- Increase of the oil flow through the piston to keep lower temperatures.
- Low friction piston band with a special design to adapt to the various expansions of the body.
- Compared to the stock piston, we use rebound shims with bigger diameter for a softer reaction in the roughness.
- Installing our aluminum piston it’s eliminated the uncontrolled oil free flow hole of the stock piston, then you make the modify of the intermediate flow in the rod to have a soft reaction and at the same time a better hydraulic control in the rocks and in the holes. This allows the lower rebound adjustment to also affect compression, allowing a greater adjustment over the entire shock travel.
- The modify of the intermediate flow keeps the second piston active for a bottom out function.
- The piston is much lighter as it’s an element part of a system that works in reciprocating motion.
- Highly recommended our shock oil 5V combinated with the piston kit.
- Highly recommended the Bladder Kit conversion for further absorption of the holes.